Race date: 3/9/13, rain or shine. Time: 9:30am le mans start.
Start: Moore's Springs Campground. Directions can be found here.
Finish: Upper parking lot at the top of Hanging Rock Park Road.
Course Map: Click Here
The race consists of two parts: fast-flow singletrack at Moore's Springs Trails followed by a hilly road loop that finishes at the top of Hanging Rock Park Rd. Racers will start le mans style, running a short distance to their bikes from the start line at the MST Campground. A short section of hilly doubletrack precedes the entrance to the singletrack, allowing racers to gun for the holeshot prior to entering the woods. The road loop features incredible views (which you might not take time to enjoy) and two Cat 5 climbs plus a final 2.2 mile Cat 3 climb to the top of Hanging Rock Park Rd. A transition area will be positioned at the singletrack trail head, located at the start / finish of the trail loops.
You can enter as a 'solo' racer and complete both mtb and road loops, or as part of a two-person 'relay' team.
- Solo Male or Female (Muzzleloader) - a racer using two bikes, one for the singletrack and one for the road.
- Solo Male or Female (Ramrod) - a racer using one bike for both sections. Cyclocross or mountain bike recommended.
- Relay Male, Female or Co-ed (Double-Barrel) - a tag-team approach where one individual races the singletrack before 'tagging' a partner in the transition area to complete the road section. Relay racers will start with the solo racers by gender. We will not have a specific category for relay racers sharing one bike.
If you're a member of a team sponsored by a bike shop, read this!
Solo: Muzzleloader or Ramrod
- $30 until March 1. $35 between March 2 - March 8. $40 for day-of registration
- $50 until March 1. $55 between March 2 - March 8. $60 for day-of registration
- Top three male and female finishers in the Muzzleloader and Ramrod categories
- Winning team of the female, male, and co-ed categories.
Autodrop Ltd. is a small organization, but we know that the love for MST is big. Show your support by helping us put on an unique race that gives back. Let us know how you'd like to help at email@example.com.
We invite you to come early and stay late. The Moore's Springs Campground will be open to groups interested in camping near the Start village. Expect a beautiful, friendly atmosphere and plenty to do: the campground has access to the Dan River and is very close to Hanging Rock State Park and of course, the Moore's Springs Trail system.